Thursday, February 21, 2013

An Ode to Chicken Salad

    My brother-in-law came up with the fabulous idea to be a Lenten Vegan.  I hopped right onboard with both feet.  Obviously, in my bandwagoning 
excitement I forgot I live in Texas.  In fact, when I posted my plan to Facebook my entire extended family jumped in their trucks and headed to the post office to ship me steaks.  

    I truly appreciated the sentiment, but what I am really missing is the Three Salad Plate from Cafe Comal in New Braunfels.  I'm sure you're thinking: "You silly Vegan you can still have salad!"  And yes, two of the three salads are vegan friendly (Broccoli Salad and Fruit Salad, both YUM) but what I really miss is their Chicken Salad.  I'm actually dreaming about it.  

    If chicken salad doesn't ring your bell, they have other great options.  My dad, who commonly refers to himself as the night mayor of Gruene, loves their meatloaf.  My husband, possibly the tallest foodie you will ever meet at 6'10",  raves about their chopped steak.  Also, their macaroni and cheese has bacon in it.  Yes, you read that right, BACON!  The other plus for you ladybugs out there is that there is an antique shop in the same building.  You can literally browse from the table with a mouth full of food. I love it!

    Their website is http://www.cafecomal.com or you can follow the link higher on the page to give them a thumbs up on Facebook.

   I would have posted a picture of my favorite Three Salad Plate but I have yet to not begin eating as the plate is set on the table.  I'll do better next time.  Maybe.  In the meantime, here is an antique Model T from the store inside the restaurant.  



   Talk to you guys again soon!



*Note the author has no affiliation with Cafe Comal, she's just hungry.

Cafe Comal on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment