Thursday, March 7, 2013

CUPCAKES.

    I really think the title sums it up.  I am obsessed with cupcakes.  I try them everywhere.  Since going gluten-free finding a good cupcake has been no easy task.  But REJOICE!  I found one :).   The Red Oak Bakery is a super cute little place close to work and I used them for my last open house.  



    This was our spread.  YUM! 

   I didn't even think to mention they were gluten-free to my open housers.  So I guess I was sneaking my lifestyle onto the public.  Oops!
     
    I took my husband home a sample cupcake and it lasted long enough for me to get in the door.  I did mention to him the dietary benefits.  His response?  "Why did you only bring one"?

     As it were, everyone who tried a cupcake went away with a smile and I incidentally kept my gluten-free secret.

    Huge THANK YOU to The Red Oak Bakery for showing people that gluten-free lifestyles are not as dreary as they're made out to be.  In fact, they may just be the brighter side.  Zip over to their Facebook page to give them a thumbs up and drool over all of their fabulous pictures (scones, cakes, cookies and, did I mention, CUPCAKES!).




*Note the author has no affiliation with The Red Oak Bakery.  She is just a gluten-free geek with discerning tastebuds.  

**Note (2) The author cannot take credit for the gorgeous kitchen, but she does WISH it was hers...

1 comment: